Can I Transfer of home loan from LIC HF to HDFC as a security for getting student loan ?

POSTED BY rakesh8493 ON August 27, 2014 12:55 pm ONE COMMENT

My house is mortgaged with LICFL and outstanding amount is 7.5L. I need education loan to sponsor my studies abroad with a tuition fee around 20L. For this process HDFC Credila needs a security.

Can I transfer my loan to HDFC  and get a education loan along in order to help my studies?

Please help.



  1. Credexpert says:

    Dear Sir,

    Yes, you may transfer your home loan to avail a “top up” loan on the existing security. This can be used for educational purposes.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .